Read the rules. They're kind of a big deal.
Submissions accepted October 1-31, 2017.
The results of the contest will be announced November 11, 2017.
We're accepting submissions in three categories:
- Youth - 5-11
- Teen - 12-17
- Adult - 18+
- Artwork must be submitted online using Submittable.
- Artwork must be submitted as a JPG file. You may take a photo or scan your artwork.
- Be clever, not crass! If you think your submission might be risque or offensive, don't submit it.
- All submissions must be appropriate for all ages. i.e. it may not depict graphic violence, nudity, swearing or other objectionable elements.
- One submission per person, please.
- If the judges have a question about your artwork, you'll be contacted.
Participants may submit a portrait, scene, or other depiction of character(s) or object(s) from a fandom - TV, movies, anime, manga, video games, and so on.
- Original characters may be included, but must not be the focus of the fan art.
- Participants must submit art that they have created specifically for this fan art contest.
- Participants must create the piece themselves – stealing others’ work or submitting copyrighted artwork will result in disqualification.
- Submissions may be created using physical or digital media.
- If participants create a piece of fan art using traditional techniques (charcoal, colored pencil, paint, etc), they may digitally submit it by scanning or taking a digital photo of the piece.
- No 3D art or sculptures.
Judging & Prizes
- Prizes will be awarded based on the judges' votes.
- Fan art will be judged in a blind format where the judges do not know the names of the artists.
- Each age category will have a first place winner.
- Winners will be notified by library staff, one week after Librari*Con.
- First prize for each age category is an $50 Amazon Gift Card.
By submitting fan art to the contest, contestants agree to allow their pieces to be displayed on the library's social media and/or during the LibrariCon event.